Hair Loss Management

Back Hair Loss Management
Off-topic, introductions and everything members want to discuss with each other.

UtopiaSoon

Newbie
Joined
Aug 4, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Points
2.70
Hi guys,

I’m looking for some advice regarding hair loss and anti-DHT protection, as I really want to preserve my hair as much as possible.

Background:
  • I started using testosterone about 3 years ago
  • Since then I’ve done 3 cycles, each lasting roughly 4–6 months
  • The highest doses I’ve used on cycle were 600 mg/week testosterone and 600 mg/week Primobolan
  • During 2023, 2024 and 2025 I was either on cycle or in between on what I called “TRT”, but realistically it was around 300 mg/week
  • I did not run proper PCT during this period; I’ve only done my first real PCT now, after almost 3 years of use

Hair loss situation:
  • Gradual thinning on the crown
  • Overall thinning on the top
  • Some thinning and recession in the front

Current hair protocol:
  • Topical finasteride 0.025% + minoxidil 5%
  • Applied once daily
  • About 1 ml total, spread across the scalp
  • Started using this earlier this year

So far things seem relatively stable, but I’m not sure if this will be enough once I’m back on hormones.

Next steps:
  • In about 10 days I plan to start TRT again
  • After that, I’m planning another 6-month cycle with testosterone and Primobolan

Questions:
  • Does it make sense to stay on 0.025% topical finasteride?
  • Or would it be smarter to move up to 0.1% topical finasteride once I’m on TRT / cycle?

Long-term plan:
  • Run the upcoming cycle
  • Next year, do a proper PCT
  • Stay off everything (or very low TRT) for around 1 year
  • Focus fully on hair recovery (finasteride, minoxidil, microneedling)
  • See if some regrowth, especially on the crown, is possible

If anyone has experience with high-dose testosterone cycles, topical finasteride while on cycle, or regrowth after going off and running PCT, I’d really appreciate your input.
 
Many people swear for ketoconazole shampoo, which was officially used to prevent dandruff, but now it is very hard to get, at least in Europe. It is supposed to block DHT on the scalp. It would be great if Driada added it to its arsenal, given how difficult it became to obtain. I managed to buy some which is hopefully(!) legit and genuine, so we may have some experience in the upcoming months.
 
Hi guys,

I’m looking for some advice regarding hair loss and anti-DHT protection, as I really want to preserve my hair as much as possible.

Background:
  • I started using testosterone about 3 years ago
  • Since then I’ve done 3 cycles, each lasting roughly 4–6 months
  • The highest doses I’ve used on cycle were 600 mg/week testosterone and 600 mg/week Primobolan
  • During 2023, 2024 and 2025 I was either on cycle or in between on what I called “TRT”, but realistically it was around 300 mg/week
  • I did not run proper PCT during this period; I’ve only done my first real PCT now, after almost 3 years of use
Hair loss situation:
  • Gradual thinning on the crown
  • Overall thinning on the top
  • Some thinning and recession in the front
Current hair protocol:
  • Topical finasteride 0.025% + minoxidil 5%
  • Applied once daily
  • About 1 ml total, spread across the scalp
  • Started using this earlier this year
So far things seem relatively stable, but I’m not sure if this will be enough once I’m back on hormones.

Next steps:
  • In about 10 days I plan to start TRT again
  • After that, I’m planning another 6-month cycle with testosterone and Primobolan
Questions:
  • Does it make sense to stay on 0.025% topical finasteride?
  • Or would it be smarter to move up to 0.1% topical finasteride once I’m on TRT / cycle?
Long-term plan:
  • Run the upcoming cycle
  • Next year, do a proper PCT
  • Stay off everything (or very low TRT) for around 1 year
  • Focus fully on hair recovery (finasteride, minoxidil, microneedling)
  • See if some regrowth, especially on the crown, is possible
If anyone has experience with high-dose testosterone cycles, topical finasteride while on cycle, or regrowth after going off and running PCT, I’d really appreciate your input.
Hello UtopiaSoon!

I think the first thing is being honest about what you’re asking your hair to survive.

You’ve essentially spent three years continuously exposed to androgens, including 600 Test + 600 Primo, with around 300 mg Test during what you considered “TRT”. And now you already have visible thinning in several androgen-sensitive areas.

So I wouldn’t look at 0.025% vs 0.1% finasteride as the main question. Finasteride can reduce conversion of testosterone to DHT, but increasing it doesn’t create an anti-androgen force field around your follicles 😂 And Primo adds another problem because it is already a DHT-derived androgen. Finasteride doesn’t magically neutralize that exposure.

The positive part is that you say things currently look relatively stable. I’d document that properly now: same haircut, lighting, angle and dry hair, with clear crown, mid-scalp, temples and hairline pictures. Then repeat them monthly. Otherwise it becomes incredibly easy to convince yourself that something is working or failing.

I also agree with Falcon that ketoconazole shampoo can have a place in scalp care, especially if dandruff/seborrheic dermatitis is present, but I wouldn’t treat it as the thing protecting you from a heavy androgen load.

And personally, I wouldn’t casually escalate topical finasteride without a dermatologist involved. Topical does not mean zero systemic absorption.

Your long-term plan actually contains the most powerful hair intervention you mentioned: reducing androgen exposure!!

If preserving your hair genuinely matters to you, brother, make that part of the cycle design itself rather than trying to build an increasingly complicated hair protocol around increasingly aggressive cycles.

Protect what you still have first. Regrowth is a much harder battle.

Shark
 
Back
Top